Monday, December 12, 2011

The REAL (Beautiful) Women of Rodeo

Folks - let me tell you what! I was thrilled when I got to meet actor/director Luke Perry at the 2011 WNFR. However, my number one thrill was meeting famous trick rider Nancy Shepherd. Wow is she one hell of a lady! Hearing her talk about performing for Giorgio Armani and to actually shake her hand and have her compliment ME was one of the greatest moments of my life. Donnalyn Quintana, who founded the ORIGINAL Western Wishes in 1994, is the niece of this grand woman of rodeo. When we were getting ready to leave, Ms Shepherd gave me hug and told me now I am her niece too! I was shaking when I left - and had tears in my eyes.
Then, the second greatest thrill of the WNFR was getting to spend time with Donnalyn Quintana and her friends Sheri Compton, Sandy Leffew and Darlene Mahan. These are ladies who have been there and back - raised their kids on the rodeo trail and lived to tell about it! They have the greatest sense of humor and so many stories to tell! Be watching for upcoming stories on Cowgirl Buz! Donnalyn and I are so excited to start this project and share these stories!! These are the jewels of rodeo, for sure!
Pictured above: Me, Donnalyn, Sandy Leffew, Darlene Mahan, Sheri Compton. Funny ladies, funny stories. Had the time of my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment