Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Willy Buck? Hell Ya!


Well folks, just got word that the bucket calf that I raised and pampered and took naps with out on the grass has been bucked for his first time and he was pretty darn good!

It seems like yesterday when he would hang out around the fence surrounding the "big guys", looking longingly out at them. Finally, one day I led him to the gate and walked out into the field with him. He ran out to the herd, bucking clumsily. I felt like a mom watching her son on his first day of kindergarten!

This photo was taken that day. The other bulls did not like him - but eventually, he weaseled his way into the group. It was all I could do not to pull him out and keep babying him in the yard!



Our son was there when they bucked him and he said Willy Buck came out strong to the left and spun. Whoo Hoo! My baby is all grown up! Can't wait to post a picture of him in action! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment